Here is a couple of hours worth of stitching. The first night I've stitched on this was very frustrating, but now I think I am getting used to stitch on black.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Finally the kit of Konstantinople Hamam Mandala has arrived!! The colours of the silks are gorgeous and they look very good on the black fabric.
Still, I think that I am getting a bit of cold feet. I never stitched on black and this design has some black and dark blues mostly DMC that I am worrying that they will not show up well on the fabric. I spent the afternoon contemplating whether I should keep the black fabric or else stitch on a lighter fabric. I totally love the preview on black and until now I did not even consider a lighter fabric. I think if I change now I might regret it later. If I decide to stitch on black I will start next weekend.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
Rather than keep stitching on part 6, I've decided to start on the mosque. I thought that it is better to tackle these two stitch intensive parts simultaneously. Maybe this way I won't get bored of stitching the same part four times.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Reading across the stitching boards there was a lot of talk about starting new projects in 2011. The one I was tempted to participate in was 11 in 11. I quickly changed my mind since I was not able to choose small projects.
Nevertheless, I had fun making a list of the projects that I would have started if I had participated.
- Konstantinapole Hamam Mandala by Chatelaine ( I am waiting for the kit).
- Family of birds by the Stitching Studio (I am planning to start this when I complete Mouth of flower).
- A sticklounge SAL
- Rain Forest Crunch by Needle Delights Originals ( I have ordered the chart, no supplies yet)
- A Mirabilia ( I can't decide which one, most probably Venetian Opulence.)
- Japanese Octagon Box by Chatelaine( I have the kit and all the materials for finishing).
- Blessed with happiness by the Cats Whiskers ( I have all supplies).
- Comfort and Joy by Blue Ribbon Designs ( All kitted up)
- Garden Grow by Papillon Creations (ready to start)
- Lady of the Snow by Passione Ricamo ( I have the chart and fabric).
- Venice Mandala by Chatelaine ( Need to order kit)