Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Creating my own Zentangle

I had a major frog attack while stitching part 7 of Zentangle. Most of the mistakes are fixed, but there are still some minor mistakes, some stitches stitched wrong by one or two threads. It is hard to notice that they are in the wrong place, so I won't be fixing them. The simpler the pattern the more mistakes I seem to make. Hopefully next part will be better. I am happy to finish this part before the next part comes out.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Dancing

After three years, White Nights in Saint Petersburg is completed!!!! I started this design when the class started back in 2007. I am really glad that I finally completed my first Chatelaine, hopefully the first of many others. The fabric is 32ct linen Shimmering Twilight Blue by Sugar Maple Fabrics. I used the kit from ECC except I substituted the NPI for DMC.

 From another angle

Friday, March 26, 2010

Bicone sparkling

I am still beading, nothing new there as I must be the slowest stitcher ever to pick a needle. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be happy dancing. Yesterday night, while I was beading the bottom right of the design, I noticed how much the bicones in the border are sparkling and catching light so I took a picture in artificial light without the flash.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The end is near

After another weekend spent beading only a quarter of the design is left to bead.

Here is a close up of one of the gates.

Monday, March 15, 2010

So sparkly

The middle part of the design is all beaded. It is so sparkly with all the crystals. I loved beading this part!

A close up of the centre

A close up of one corner with the algerian eyelets and rice stitches.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nearly done

The centre is almost beaded. I am currently re-stitching the gates as the thread was a bit fluffed and was bugging me. I forgot how time consuming they are to stitch and a pain to frog but now they look good again.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Still beading

I have almost finished beading the top half of the design. It was not a great day to take a decent picture as it rained all day. The scanner is also not co-operating as the scans are coming out with all the colours washed out. For now, I can only post pictures of the finished two squares which have different specialty stitches in them. I like how they look with the beads attached.

The square with the algerian eyelets.


This one with rhodes stitches.


Friday, March 5, 2010

Blossoming nicely

Took a break from beading to finish the flower/mouth. I had to stitch the stem twice as I stitched a fair amount of stitches using the wrong coloured thread. Agggh! So frustrating when that happens.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More bling

Almost a quarter of the design is beaded. The picture below is a close up of the border. The peridot cube is gorgeous.

A close up of part 11.

Monday, March 1, 2010

March goals

My stitching goals for this month are going to be:

1. Finish Saint Petersburg White Nights.
2. Complete Part 4 of Persian Iris Garden except the jessicas and the iris flowers.
3. Stitch part 7 of  Zentangle.
4. Complete page 5 of Mouth of Flower and start page 6.
5. Rinse the threads for part 5 of PIG.
6. Rinse the threads for part 1 of Holland Springtime Mandala.

Maybe a little too ambitious but I can always try.